Friday, January 8, 2010

Trying to solve some Windows problems...

I've attempted to address a number of issues in my environment of late. Hopefully I've found some fixes for them...

Hotfix & KB article lists: this is how I found a number of patches to try...

*Microsoft's "The Hot Blog"
*Microsoft Knowledge Base monitoring
*ITsVista hotfix list

Fixes I'm trying to use

*Microsoft registry patch & article on reducing network traffic
*You cannot open a Web folder by double-clicking it in Windows Vista and in Windows Server 2008 (actually has a newer SHELL32.DLL suggested by the Microsoft article)
*The computer stops responding when you access some shared files from a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista
*A patch for an LSASS memory leak (trying this on my servers)
*RDP shadowing hotfix
*RDP/networking hotfix
*A patch for 2008 DNS to turn off excessive broadcasts

No comments:

Post a Comment