Sunday, September 9, 2012

mcommand : a tool for converting or acting upon multiple files


Using SharpDevelop + IronRuby, I was able to cobble together a tool to manage massive file conversions. As anyone who's used pdf2djvu, optipng, HTML Tidy, or similar tools: they're more oriented for single-file conversion, vs multiple files. This is an attempt to solve that dilemma.






1. Install IronRuby.
2. Download the program zip file
3. Extract the ZIP to its own directory.
4. Run the program.rb file: if you need to specify an EXE to use, the default location for 64-bit IronRuby installs to "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronRuby 1.1\bin\irw64.exe"

Feel free to make modifications as you see fit: just don't blame me if you screw up your computer or something. I'll figure out how to make an EXE version of this when I have time: or re-port it to a language I know compiles.

Update 9-9-2012: having several hundred command windows popping up, despite trying not to have that happen... fixed it though, per some related post I found. Original ZIP was replaced with updated version.

No comments:

Post a Comment