1. It dislikes installing with EMET at "Maximum": use "Recommended"
2. It runs its own webserver on apparently UDP port 80: however, it conflicts with BranchCache; disable that service if its running.
3. If you're using a sandboxing anti-virus (Avast 6 for example), consider excluding the "C:\Program Files\NCR" folder.
4. Use the guide I found here for help on setting it up correctly: key points are installing it using "Vista SP2" compatibility mode, and permitting "*.bankofamerica.com" as a secure site.
5. If necessary, you might find a newer driver for the device here.