I found some simple instructions for adding IE to an Ubuntu box: except WINE wasn't desiring of installing for me. So, some expanded instructions: this should also let you choose between 1.2 (stable) and 1.3 (development)....
1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
2. sudo apt-get update
3. Download updated deb files for the following libraries: binfmt-support ; libmpg123-0 ; libopenal1 ; libopenal-data ; cabextract ; libesd0 ; esound-common ; libaudiofile0
4. (In the folder you saved the files) dpkg -i *.deb
5. sudo apt-get install winetricks wine1.2 wine1.2-gecko or sudo apt-get install winetricks wine1.3 wine1.3-gecko
6. Find "winetricks" in your Applications menu: run it; select the default prefix; install a Windows component; pick the version of IE to run. You may need to uncheck the update box.
Added: you may want to refer to the application compatability database, regarding IE versions that work. You may need to use winetricks to load additional components.