* Enable SSH in FreeNAS. Don't bother using the web console: can't copy-paste (in Firefox at least). I assume you're logged in as root via SSH for the following steps...
* ifconfig | more : take note of what interfaces you need to bridge.
* mount -rw / : /etc gets replaced on boot, so we'll be editing /conf/base/etc instead.
* nano /conf/base/etc/rc.conf and add the following (change the interfaces as needed)...
gateway_enable="YES"* nano /conf/base/etc/sysctl.conf and add the following (may not be needed for FreeNAS per se)...
net.link.bridge.pfil_member=0* reboot and then log back into FreeNAS. You should be able to assign an IP to the bridged interface.
References of note
* FreeBSD bridging manual: did not readily mention autobridge
* Post that I found autobridge in