- Open-source eBook for JS6/ES2015 and later.
- StandardJS : folks seem to be divided on using semi-colons, else the rest of these rules make sense.
- ESLint: beyond some spacing and tab enforcements, there are a lot of "gotchas" ESLint can find and catch.
- Another JS blog / book series; treating it as an RPG!
- ES5 to ES6 migration: CodeBurst and Mozilla examples
- Extensive ES2016, ES2017, and ES2018 guide
- Long-established resource for web development
Monday, May 7, 2018
I've been beating my skull the past two months trying to fix up a particular web application. In doing so, I've stumbled into yet another programming language crisis (see also Ruby in 2007-2008, or the Python 2->3 migration mess). At least this time around, the tools available are a lot more amenable to keeping newer stuff working on older platforms; albeit with some magic on the backend.