- Open up https://www.servethehome.com/converting-a-hyper-v-vhdx-for-use-with-kvm-or-proxmox-ve/ in another tab.
- Download ezMaster for one of the HyperV platforms.
- Follow the steps in the tab you opened earlier; ignore steps 3 & 7.
- In Proxmox: change the SCSI controller type on the VM to LSI 53C895A; set RAM to no less than 2GB; set CPU to 2 cores, or more; disable the Guest Agent.
- Start up the VM, then follow the admin-setup portions of the ezMaster setup.
- As of June 2019, you probably need the newer controller software to handle 802.11ax APs. Please follow the upgrade guide on that.
- At this time, it appears that the 802.11ax APs support IPv4 + IPv6 as standalone; but the ezMaster system is IPv4-based, and currently runs on a locked-down Debian 6 stack.
- The admin password for the APs, is separate from the ezMaster admin login; but you can update the APs login from the ezMaster admin. I think this is because you can ultimately use ezMaster to manage multiple networks as a MSP.